29 Jul Open for Face-to-Face Counselling
BRISSC is now commencing face-to-face support & counselling for survivors of sexual violence.
To manage the risk of COVID-19 spreading, we ask that you continue with phone / internet counselling if:
- You have travelled interstate in the last two weeks, or have been asked to quarantine in the last 2 weeks.
- You have COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms.
- You have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms.
Please be advised, if you choose to re/engage in F2F support with BRISSC we will:
- Ask to take your temperature prior to entering our office space. This is to ensure women accessing our space do not exhibit or spread flu-like symptoms. If your temperature exceeds 38 degrees, we may make alternative arrangements to provide support.
- Are required to keep a record of your attendance at our service. BRISSC may be required to provide this information as well as your name and phone number to Queensland Health. If you are concerned about information-sharing, please continue accessing phone/internet support.
BRISSC remains committing to offering support to survivors of sexual violence at this time.