(07) 3391 0004
The BRISSC phone support line operates 9am – 12pm, Monday to Thursday and provides emotional support, advocacy, information and referral to women who have experienced sexual violence. We also offer support, information and referrals to friends and family members of survivors, male survivors and the wider community over the phone.
Please note, the phone support line is not a crisis counselling service.
Our support is based on the belief survivors have the right to:
- Be listened to, believed and supported
- Be treated with respect, dignity and understanding
- Deal with your own life, in your own way, at your own pace
- Choose who you disclose to and when
- Confidentiality and privacy
- Receive practical information including reporting, legal and medical options
- Interpreter and disability support