Individual Support & Counselling
BRISSC offers short to medium term individual support and counselling to women (15+) who have experienced sexual violence at any time during their lives. Short to medium support is typically up to 12 months. We welcome women from diverse cultural backgrounds.
We deliver feminist support, in a safe, confidential and empowering environment – free of charge. Our support is based on the belief survivors have the right to:
- Be listened to, believed and supported
- Be treated with respect, dignity and understanding
- Deal with your own life, in your own way, at your own pace
- Choose who you disclose to and when
- Confidentiality and privacy
- Receive practical information including reporting, legal and medical options
- Interpreter and disability support
Face-to-face support and counselling can be accessed from any of our three service locations:
- Women’s House, Woolloongabba
- Brisbane Southwest Support, Richlands
- Brisbane North Sexual Violence Response, Nundah
If you are interested in accessing face-to-face support and counselling, please contact our support line on (07) 3391 0004 or send us an email at email@example.com.