How can you help?
BRISSC is not funded to provide any emergency relief to women who have experienced violence. We rely on generous donations to provide women with small amounts of food, Go Cards for transport, and contributions towards rent and bills.
Women’s House auspices two services: BRISSC, a sexual assault service; and Women’s House Shelta, a domestic violence service. Shelta provides refuge accommodation, support and information to women and children experiencing violence.
CONTRIBUTE TO OUR WORK
BRISSC is a community based collective that relies upon community support. All of our survivor support services are free of charge. Help us to keep it that way.
Part of our sexual violence support work is funded by the Department of Communities, Child Safety, and Disability Services. Additional resources are required for specialised support, projects to end sexual violence, advocacy work, and for long term organisational resources.
Any amount helps, for example:
- $5 can cover the cost of an art diary for a woman to use during our art therapy workshops
- $10 can buy dinner for a woman attending an evening survivor support workshop
- $20 can provide a Go Card for women to access a group or support session
- $50 can cover the cost of a survivor attending a legal information workshop
- $100 can cover the cost of a one hour support session for a survivor of sexual violence
We welcome financial donations of any size from any one.
If you want to support BRISSC but don’t have the finances to contribute yourself, you may be interested in fundraising for a donation. You could hold a fundraiser such as:
- A garage sale or market stall
- A community event
- An online event
We greatly appreciate any fundraising! Please let us know if you need any support with publicity, as we can advertise activities through our online networks and at Women’s House.
Every dollar helps! Every donation is appreciated, no matter how big or how small. Thank you.